There is a surge of transformation taking place in the networking world day in and day out. Before we know it, there is something new that’s already the next big thing in the market. In the recent past, cloud computing is what has taken over the market. A stage has come where we are all heavily reliant on cloud-based applications for our day to day functions.
Enterprises have also embarked on a journey where they are migrating to cloud networking. Where building a faster, better and efficient network has taken the utmost priority. Since companies undergoing this migration also need to maintain the performance of the network. This is where the majority of organizations across the globe are opting for Software-Defined – Wide Area Network (SD-WAN), for its agility, efficiency and integrated applications connections. Assisting organizations with better productivity and performance, and eliminating the scope of stress on the networks.
Networks and organizations face many issues with application performance which may include –
- Inconsistent bandwidth – Connectivity and high speed internet are still at a developing stage in india. With organizations relying heavily on remote workforce collaboration, giving way to an increase in the use of video calls, there is a surge in network congestion – which in turn leads to poor connectivity and insufficient bandwidth leading to poor user experience.
- Overload of the server, leading to increased downtime – This congestion gives rise to network bottlenecks in turn taking a toll on the applications making the performance dip. Various issues like applications crashing, issues with carrying out specific tasks as well as slowly loading start to arise.
- Lack of backup links – The low bandwidth strains the already exhausted networks and what is left of the available bandwidth, causing businesses to lag and at times crash which impacts the upload as well as download speed. Thus the need for offsite backups, they are critical for businesses where data is the crux for the organization.
Though issues like these may persist, SD-WAN comes to the rescue. With the adoption of SD-WAN, many of those issues seem to be trivial and be solved without giving much thought to them. Here is how SD-WAN improves the application performance which in turn focuses on giving users a seamless experience
- It increases visibility and flexibility – SD-WAN provides higher visibility and speed availability and prioritizes voice packets. Furthermore, hybrid deployments provide the flexibility to shift traffic from MPLS and public connections.
- Hybrid deployments – Taking the Hybrid option gives the organization a choice to switch between networks. If one network seizes to give sufficient bandwidth, the alternative can play the role of a backup network and provide high speed without interrupting the business flow.
- Effective with load balancing – Unlike a few years ago, today, all applications function on IT networks, which means that there is an increase in the required bandwidth. SD-WAN creates a path for load balancing, which focuses on automation, that is; making the critical software decide the best network, without straining or creating congestion. It smoothly diverts traffic to less populated channels
- Easy on the pocket – Along with being user-friendly, SD-WAN is also pocket friendly. Enabling businesses the upper hand to completely take advantage of all the available connections. SD-WAN overcomes all the hassle of maintenance contracts as well as the deployment of expensive professional services to set up the network.
SD-WAN is here to stay and make changes that will take businesses to new heights. Providing ample bandwidth for smooth sailing along with giving full control to the organizations, while being an affordable and viable option.
Click on the link Nexapp Technologies to find out more about SD-WAN and its features.