With the emergence of the SD-WAN, the world of technology and networking has moved to the next gear. With cloud computing and AI, networking is more simplified and convenient for all. SD-WAN is used in multiple sectors and industries, from healthcare to banking to ATMs and Smart City Infrastructure and the list goes on. However, there is still a blur in the understanding of what exactly is managed services in SD-WAN is and how it functions.
Understanding Managed Services in SD-WAN
Managed network services is a business model opted by organizations where the services are completely outsourced to a managed service provider. The services include everything from supplying the hardware, software, networking and transport services required for delivery of the services and connecting different numbers of branches with appropriate service level agreements for uptime and performance.
Managed services have come as a blessing, especially for IT professionals. Outsourcing the task of providing connectivity to branches and data centres is now solely the responsibility of the managed service provider.
Managed Service Providers (MSP) partner with the Internet Service Providers making sure that the customers receive the best network connectivity based on their location and their usage. Along with this, it is also the responsibility of the MSP to look after the managing and monitoring along with taking care of the contracting with service providers for WAN connectivity.
Why opt for managed services?
Many organizations are opting for managed services and if you haven’t already, what are you waiting for?
Making the shift to managed services has its own benefits, from making it a smooth experience for you, also helps in the growth of your business. Here are some of the benefits you should know to finally make the shift.
- Provision of bandwidth-on-demand in real-time
- The choice of a fully managed service mode – fully outsourced or co-management
- Availability of an orchestrator that simplifies management
- 24×7 network and security monitoring services provided
- Last-mile aggregation
- Cloud support
- Easy on the pocket
What does Nexapp’s Managed Services offer?
Nexapp is one of the few companies in India playing the role of a Managed Service Provider, offering substantial benefits in terms of speed, control and convenience to the client, which is backed up with a great deal of expertise to manage and set it up. Nexapp provides network managed service to their customers which include a broad range of connectivity choices and access flexibility.
It helps organizations that want to incorporate multiple WAN access services which may include the traditional MPLS along with dedicated internet, business grade internet, 4G and even the emerging 5G network facilities.
Nexapp offers a wide range of provisions for organizations to select what works best for their organizations based on their needs and requirements. A few of the key provisions are:-
- Site Deployment – Zero-touch and agile deployment at customer premises. Along with providing remote and on-site support for site deployment. Also helps with installation & commissioning which provides a step by step guide for installation of the product and helping set up the device with the easy plug and play model. Creating a simple and hassle-free environment for clients along with an end to end deployment with complete ownership. As well as monitoring WAN performance.
- Proactive Monitoring – Along with an expert team of engineers, Nexapp tech support is enabled with cloud-based IVR and ticketing tool ensures end to end WAN infrastructure management and maximum uptime.
- Fault Management– The team looks at identifying faults and proactively notifies the clients. As well as being reactive, where if the clients start to face any issue, they can raise a ticket and the team will readily look into the situation and try and resolve the problem.
- Last Mile Services – The single point of contact for all ISP related management. Nexapp has a tie-up with over 500 MSO’s for managed broadband, 4G and 3G to provide last-mile services.
- Reporting and analytics – all services we offer reports of uptime and downtime, tickets being solved. timely reports to the customer, analytics.
To learn more about Managed Services and Nexapp’s offerings, click on the link Nexapp Technologies